B Yoga Center offers a 200 hour teacher training and is approved by The Yoga Alliance. This 6-month training covers a broad range of yoga theory, philosophy, and practice, with particular emphasis on the traditional eight limbed (Ashtanga) yoga system as described in Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. Most of our senior faculty members have been practicing, studying, and teaching yoga for years. Class meets in Melrose at the Trinity site location on Tuesday nights from 7:15-10:15 pm pm and twice monthly Sunday Intensive workshops. 1 year of yoga practice highly suggested to enroll in this program.
Student Syllabus - Program Information and Policies
"The training has been so amazing. I cannot thank you enough for providing such a warm and nurturing environment for me to learn and grow. You are amazing and will forever influence my development as a teacher and practitioner."
Some of our esteemed Sunday Workshop Facilitators:
January-June 2013 Sunday Intensive Dates: TBA (Noon-6:15 pm)
Our program starts on January 8, 2013. We meet for 26 weeks on Tuesday evenings from 7:30-10:00 pm. We also meet twice monthly for Sunday Intensive workshops (see dates above).
YTT 200-Hour Program
This course is designed to delve deeply into The System of Hatha Yoga. Classically, Ashtanga Yoga means Eight-limbed Yoga (ashta meaning eight, and anga meaning limb.) We will address each limb and will teach asanas from the Hatha Yoga system. Tuesday evening classes are taught by Krista Basis at B Yoga Center and other senior faculty.
NOTE: Because there has been much confusion over the past few years regarding the term Ashtanga, we wish to be clear that we do not teach a contemporary method of asana that has come to be known as "Ashtanga" or "Power Yoga".
The course is designed to:
- Systematically deepen your understanding of yoga.
- Develop skills for teaching yoga at a beginner's level.
- Deepen your personal practice of yoga.
Who Should Attend?
- Serious students of all levels
This program offers instruction in beginning, intermediate, and advanced methods of pranayama and asanas. It is ideal for those who want to immerse themselves in an intense discipline either to begin or to deepen a practice. Advanced techniques will be explored in some of the specialty classes.
- Yoga teachers
For those who would like to teach, or for those who are already teaching, this course is designed to expand your knowledge of the theory and practices of yoga as well as to develop and enhance your teaching skills.
Comprehensive explanation of the systems of Ashtanga (8-limbed) Yoga and Hatha Yoga, as well as supporting studies of
- Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
- Ayurveda – Introduction to the ancient system of health care derived from the Vedic tradition. (Ayurveda is a complete science in itself. We will only be able to touch on the most basic concepts that relate most to yoga practice.)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Scriptures
- Asana (postures)
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Mudras (hand gestures/locks)
- Dharana and Dhyana (concentration and meditation)
- Yamas and Niyamas (personal disciplines, observances and restraints)
Certificate of Completion
At the end of the course, all participants who have attended the specified number of classes will receive a Certificate of Completion. This course is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level, so that graduates can become registered Yoga Teachers.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition is $2900
- Convenient Monthly Payment Option: $386.66 a month via MC/Visa or Discover
- Curriculum & required reading books included in tuition
- a $600 US deposit is due with registration.
To Reserve Your Spot - Click Here - Register Online.
- Registration form PDF
- For more information about this 200-Hour Teacher Training or paper registration form request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 781.475.2520.